SUN BAKED UPSIDE DOWN PEACH CAKE
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 peaches
- 250g butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cup self raising flour
- 6 eggs
- Dissolve 3/4 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup boiling water in black pan top with peach wedges, skin-side down.
- Place butter, vanilla and remaining 1 cup sugar in the bowl . Beat until light and fluffy.
- Put flour, baking powder into butter mixture. Add all eggs then beat on low speed until mixture is smooth and just combined.
- Spoon half batter over peaches then level. Spread remaining peaches.
- Put in sun oven and bake for approximately 40 minutes at 160C.
- Allow to stand then gently remove, serve with yoghurt.
Each week as part of the Foodweb Education program a finger food style recipe using fresh ingredients from the school garden is prepared by a group of about eight students under adult supervision during a one-hour session and is shared with the rest of the class in the garden at the end of the session.